Pages

Sunday 18 September 2016

Sunday Post


Growing up in the mid to late nineties, I'm more than familiar with remixes. And just as most summer blockbusters ended on a tenuous rap ('Addams Family Whoomp', anyone?), most every single came with a lazy club-mix attached.

Course, my thoughts on remixes cannot be summed up in one flippant remark. I love remixes and remixing. You only have to listen to Jacques Greene's take on Radiohead's, 'Lotus Flower', Boards of Canada's retelling of Beck's, 'Broken Drum', or absolutely anything by lil' spaceman to realise there's something unusually beautiful about this distractive act.


Tomorrow I will be releasing my version of The Inconsistent Jukebox's genre-hopping masterpiece, 'Bold Ego Fledgling (Baby's Got It All Planned)'. And even though it'd be pretty foolish to compare it to any of the above, it still feels like a small victory for me.

Anyway, why not enjoy the Snaithilicious guitars in their untainted glory below, then the plethora of other remixes here.



Happy thoughts,


- The Wormling

No comments:

Post a Comment